Monday 2 April 2012

We're All In This Together

123 Main Street
Penticton, British Columbia
V2A 3W1

March 8, 2012

Mr.Kleats
Central High School
123 Main Street
Sportstown, British Columbia
V2A 1W3

Hello Mr.Kleats,
My name is Marrissa, my daughter Jessica plays on your senior co-ed baseball team, The Wildcats. To begin I would like to congratulate you and your team on your 2nd place finish at provincials, it was a very well played final game. However, it has come to my attention that some of the parents of students on your team are concerned with the fact that you often arrive late, your practise's are somewhat disorganised, and I know personally that my daughter often becomes distraught when you yell at her. I find you may focus on winning too often and bench many students who deserve to play. I understand that you may have concrete reasons as to why these issues have occurred but i have some suggestions that may interest you.

I am aware that being a family man you may be late now and then, however, if it could be possible to arrange with one of the assistant coach's that practise be started on time without you, or even if you could teach the kids a few simple drills that they can do before you arrive it would be much appreciated. By doing so it would also create the opportunity to perhaps organise a set practise routine that the kids can follow in order to help organise the practise.

Also, I know that my daughter feels this way and I'm sure some of the other kids do as well that when you raise your voice at them it stresses the kids out. Perhaps a method of motivation rather than just yelling would get the kids' spirits up and they would be able to play better as a team. I understand that with our 2nd place finish you may think this method is fool proof, however, raising your voice to the kids may not be the healthiest choice for the happy atmosphere that a team should have.

My daughter, being one of your star players, does not suffer from this problem but she is concerned that you focus a bit too much on winning and often bench many of her other friends on the team. She has asked me to speak with you about this matter as she feels uncomfortable pitching almost every game while certain kids sit on the bench constantly. I see the need for competition and I fully understand the aspect of needing to win however, perhaps if you put some of the other kids in when we are ahead or begin practise with them they will improve their game and become better assets to the team.

Thank you for your concern.


Marrissa Swetlikoe


   

No comments:

Post a Comment