Friday 13 April 2012

Strawberry Sunrise

The blooming pink liquid was poured into the small Dixie cup. It gave the appearance of an early august sunrise with hues of pink, red and orange. All the colours of a crisp morning in the midsummer. I lifted the cup and took a whiff and was instantly hit with the sensation of my grandmothers' strawberry and raspberry patch. I could remember playing in the raspberry tunnel, sweltering in the heat of the August weather. The edge of the cup touched my lips and the taste enveloped every taste bud in my mouth. All the flavours you would imagine that come with a luminous daybreak. Sweet strawberry, tangy raspberry with a hint of juicy orange. The feel of twinkling smoothness as the juice ran down my throat was overwhelming; refreshing, rejuvenating and revitalizing. The memories of the all-nighter pulled at summer camp every year came back to me as I remembered watching the beaming dawn with all my friends. Still cool to the touch like the bite of early morning dew on the grass, all the sensations of watching a sunrise in the early morning. Absolutely unmistakable. The fusion of the three fruits hits at different intervals much like the colours of sunup. The first glow of pink strawberry hits the tip of your tongue followed by the sweet pigments of rosy red raspberries always accompanied by the undertone of flavorful orange. All the vibes of a true August morning sunrise wrapped up into one small Dixie cup. Simple perfection.     

No comments:

Post a Comment